The Government has recently reinforced the need "to create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs."
At The Meadow we believe these values should be held through all teaching and learning opportunities.
The fundamental British Values include:
- Democracy and how people can influence decisions that affect them
- Appreciating that living under the rule of law protects people and is essential for their well being and safety
- Understanding that the freedom to choose and hold other faiths and beliefs is protected in law
- Agreement that people having different faiths (or no faith) should be accepted and tolerated
- The importance of identifying and stopping discrimination
Take a look at some of the things we have been doing in school to promote these British Values.